Saturday, August 8, 2015

Post Whole 30! With lots of photos!


So I completed my first Whole 30! And even though I did eat compliant the entire time, I know there are a few things I need to work on to do it over again. I had a hard time not snacking between meals, so I think increasing my water intake may help with that. I also need to not eat nuts, or nut butters, too often since eating too many omega 6's can cause inflammation. Plus, turning to them as a snack is just feeding a sweets craving, something I was trying to kick in the first place! One of the main reasons I wanted to do the Whole 30 was to find out what is causing me to be bloated. So even though I had cut out all those gut disrupting foods for 30 days, I still have bloating. I think if I try increasing my water and not snacking, it may help. Otherwise I may need to eliminate another food to figure it out. So I am still working on that.

Some of the changes I have noticed are more energy throughout the day. No more sinus drainage or morning sinus headaches!!!! And I really noticed the cravings start to go away by the 3rd week. That was awesome! It just proved to me that I CAN eat food without added sugar and enjoy it! And even though I have always loved cheese, I am surprised by how much I did not miss it!

Today was day 31, so the only thing I introduced was sugar. I even had some dark chocolate today. And while it tasted good, I know that I need to remain disciplined with my sugar intake, or I could easily slip right back into the habit of eating it constantly.

Below are some photos of some of my meals from the last 30 days. Many of them I posted on my Instagram page. Please come follow me there!

How about you? Have you completed a Whole 30? Or are you thinking of doing one? Let me say this, if I can do this, so can you!! I am not by nature a very disciplined person, so I really did not know if I would get through this. And even though there were ups and down days the first few weeks, I pushed through!! And now I will never look at food the same way again. I want to prepare very healthy meals for myself and I try to balance protein, fats, and veggies with each meal as best I can. It truly does change the way you eat and the way you think about food. I hope you decide to try this life-changing adventure sometime!



















No comments:

Post a Comment