Thursday, July 9, 2015

Day 1 on the Whole 30 challenge

So besides the extra prep time, eating this way is really not "hard". We have already been a pretty healthy eating family, but I know I need to make some better changes. So this program is very helpful for me as it is all laid out for me with the do's and don'ts and meal plans and recipes. I was already gluten free, so that part is already cut out. I have no problem not eating legumes as I already know how bloated those make me. I do like peanuts and peanut butter, so this is the first time I am cutting that out. Corn is not hard either as popcorn has bothered my gut for a long time anyway. Dairy I know I will miss at some point as I do like cheese, but I can handle it. I may miss having a glass of wine a couple weeks in, but that's okay. :) I will see how long it takes for me to crave some dark chocolate, or just sugar in general, my biggest weakness.

Below are my meals for day one. Lots of fresh veggies today. Some days will have more cooked than fresh, but at least I am definitely getting more helpings of veggies this way.


Breakfast was two fried eggs, sweet potato hash browns, and avocado.





Lunch was tuna with avocado mayo, romaine lettuce, sliced hardboiled egg, and tomatoes and cucumbers.





Dinner was grass fed burger with avocado mayo, romaine lettuce, tomatoes, bell pepper, cucumber, and radishes.



How about you? Are you doing the Whole 30 challenge? I would love to hear what day you are on and how you are doing!

No comments:

Post a Comment